- ACF- The Association of Consulting Foresters of America, Inc. ACF members are professional foresters whose primary work is consulting to the public and who meet standards set by the ACF. More here. . .
Click here for the Association of Consulting Foresters
For a list of Ohio ACF Members, click here
- Certified Arborist ® - a individual who certified to meet standards set by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA). An arborist is trained/experienced in the art and science of planting, caring for and maintaining individual trees. More here. . International Society of Arboriculture
- Certified Forester: SAF certification is the gold standard for forest management professionals, recognized by the forest industry, government officials, and landowners. A certified forester is a person who is certified by the Society of American Foresters' Certified Forester program. Certified Foresters have earned a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent) from an accredited SAF program, have a minimum of 5 years of qualifying forestry experience and agree to the CF Standards of Professional Practice. More here ...
Standard of Professional Practice
- Forester - a professional engaged in the practice of the art and science of forestry. A forester typically has earned a Baccalaureate Degree in forestry from an accredited university.
- Forestry Technician - an individual who is trained to conduct a variety of forestry tasks. A forestry technician typically has earned an Associates Degree and works under the supervision of a forester.
- Logger - a person who harvests trees, processes them into logs and transports them to sawmills or other processing facilities. The Ohio Forestry Association, Inc (OFA) administers the "Certified Master Logger" program which certifies companies who employ loggers. More here. . . Ohio Master Logger Program
- Professional Forester - see definition of "forester"
- Registered/Licensed Forester: A forester registered and/or licensed by a government agency to practice forestry within its jurisdiction. Ohio has no such requirement at this time.
- Timber Buyer / Timber Consultant - a person responsible for purchasing timber or logs for their company or business. Typically, this person arranges for standing timber to be harvested by logging crews, once they have purchased standing timber.
- Timber Harvester - see definition of logger
- TSP: Technical service providers (TSPs) offer services to agricultural producers such as farmers, ranchers, and private forest landowners on behalf of the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS). TSPs help these producers plan, design, and implement conservation practices or develop conservation activity plans to improve agricultural operations. More here ... Technical Service Provider